Gilgeori-Toast is Korean Street Toast.
It’s something I found not too long ago thanks to Seonkyoung Longest, who is known for her ‘Asian at Home’ YouTube series and have had it for breakfast quite regularly ever since.
It is tasty, contains many healthy items and is super easy to make.
Ingredients [Serving for 2 people]: Make necessary adjustments based on the number of people you are cooking for.
- 1 oz cabbage/ 30 grams – finely chopped
- 1 oz onion/ 30 grams – finely chopped
- 1 oz carrot/ 30 grams – cut into long thin strips
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 5 tbs room temperature butter
- 4 slices of white sandwich bread
- 3 tsp sugar
- 2 slices of your favorite ham (optional)
- 2 slices of your favortie cheese (optional)
- 2 tsp ketchup
- 2 tsp mayonnaise
Preparing the Ingredients:
– Add the cabbage, onion, carrot, eggs, salt and pepper to a large bowl, mix well.
– Heat a large skillet over medium heat; add 2 tablespoons butter and let it melt.
– Pour the egg mixture into the skillet, and spread evenly.
– Cook until bottom is cooked (roughly 2 to 3 minutes).
– Cut the omelet into half, and flip over. Cook another 2 to 3 minutes.
– Meanwhile add a thing layer of butter to the both sides of the bread.
– When omelet is cooked, remove from skillet and add the ham slices to heat them up. (optional)
– Toast the bread on both sides (about 2 minutes each side) or until golden brown.
Finalizing the toast:
– Sprinkle about ½ tsp of sugar evenly on the toast.
– Place omelet and sprinkle additional 1 tsp of sugar.
– Add the ham and a slice of cheese. (optional)
– Add ketchup and mayonnaise right on top.
– Cover with another slice of toast.