Irish coffee is my favorite hot beverage. I can have it WITH breakfast or AS breakfast. The latter will obviously make for a lot more interesting morning.
- 1 cup of freshly brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 jigger of Irish whiskey (1 1/2 ounces or 3 tablespoons)
- Heavy cream, slightly whipped
– Fill footed mug or a mug with hot water to preheat it, then empty.
– Fill 3/4th of the warm glass with hot coffee.
– Add the brown sugar and stir until completely dissolved.
– Blend in Irish whiskey.
– Top with a collar of the whipped heavy cream by pouring gently over back of spoon.
– Serve hot.